Brake Control Units – BCU
The Sibre Brake Control Units have been designed specifically for use in conveyor drive applications where full braking force needs to be applied in two stages to prevent mechanical damage to the drive or conveyor belt.
Each BCU is designed to be used in conjunction with the SIBRE range of SHI Spring applied Hydraulic calliper disc brakes and can be used to control generally up to 4 brakes depending on their distance from the BCU.
Each BCU consists of the following main components
- Electric Motor
- Manifold with control valving
- Level switch
- Aluminium Tank, Filler Breather and Sight Level gauge
- Digital Pressure Switch with two adjustable set points
- Stainless Steel enclosure
- Electrical components terminated into separate junction box
V2.1 BCU Dimensional Drawing