Eldro Ed Thruster
ELDRO® electro-hydraulic Ed thruster is EMG’s premium range of thrusters, offering the highest level of safety and durability through their wear-resistant operating principle.
Precise and continuous control during the whole manufacturing cycle, improvements in structural design to cope with increasing requirements when used in regions with extreme climatic conditions as well as technical innovations introduced by sub-suppliers are the main elements which reinforce the high reputation which ELDRO® brake thrusters enjoy worldwide.
Characteristic Features of EMG Thrusters
- High reliability
- Long service life with minimum maintenance due to self-lubricating operation
- Smooth operation due to hydraulic design
- Fast response (short regulating times)
- High switching frequency: up to 2000 cycles per hour
- Simple installation and dismantling
- No reversing contactors required as the motor may rotate in either direction
- Overloading during operation not possible
- Suitable for adjusting stroke via external limits
- Adjustable control of lifting and lowering times via installation of adjustable throttle valves
- Designs for use in DIP or ATEx environments available
- Option of internal springs for automatic retraction